ASEM Members, please submit your nominations for the many prestigious ASEM awards, by visiting https://goo.gl/forms/3BqwM6IWjycUNJL33 before July 15, 2018. The awards are:
Bernard R. Sarchet Award: Considered to be the highest award given by ASEM. This award recognizes contributions to the Society and to the field of engineering management and is annually given to an ASEM member who has contributed the most to the Society on a local, national and/or international basis.
Frank Woodbury Special Service Award: Recognizes an ASEM member who has provided outstanding service to the Society. This award is given annually to an active ASEM member who has demonstrated proof of continued service excellence to ASEM.
Meritorious Service Awards: Recognizes the effort of the local sections of ASEM. Awards include:
- New Member Recruiting – Any member responsible for recruiting five or more new members in a given calendar year
- Outstanding Non-Board Member – Any member who is not currently serving on the ASEM Board of Directors and has contributed outstanding accomplishments to the operation, improvement, and/or recognition of the Society
- Outstanding Local Section President – Any local section president who in the course of executing the duties of a local section president, makes outstanding accomplishments to the operation, improvement, and/or recognition of the Society
- Outstanding Student Chapter President – Any student section president who in the course of executing the duties of a student chapter president, makes outstanding accomplishments to the operation, improvement, and/or recognition of the Society
- Undergraduate: To recognize undergraduate engineering management program leadership
- Graduate: To recognize graduate engineering management program leadership
- Student Chapter: To recognize ASEM student chapter excellence. All active ASEM student chapters are eligible
Presidential Award – Local Section: Annually recognizes ASEM local section excellence. All active ASEM local sections are eligible. Criteria for this award include:
- Section membership and demonstrated participation
- Participation in the ASEM International Annual Conference
- Publication of technical papers and delivery of seminars and workshops
- Other contributions to the field of engineering management
Best Dissertation Award: Annually recognizes the PhD dissertation that makes the most significant contribution to the engineering management field. Visit http://asem.org/resources/Website/About/Society%20Awards/2018%20-%20ASEM%20%20BDA%20-%20Call%20for%20Nominations%20-%207%20April%202018.pdf for complete instructions
William Daughton World Headquarters Service Award: Recognizes significant contributions to the streamlining, enhancement, or improvement of the day-to-day operations of ASEM world headquarters.This award recognizes an active ASEM member for their contribution of time, effort, or implemented idea that significantly enhanced or improved the day-to-day operation of ASEM including but not limited to:
- WHQ processes and procedures
- ASEM website and other communications
- WHQ office arrangements and accommodations
For more information about this award, and all of ASEM's Society Awards, please visit: https://asem.org/Society-Awards or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.