“A Global Look at ASEM’s Activities and a Call for Collaboration”
Thursday, 9 July 2020, 9:00 - 10:15 am U.S. Eastern Time
Moderator: Yesim Sireli, PhD, CPEM
Ahead of the featured speaker of the week, Dr. Sireli will open the webinar series with a welcome and provide a quick summary of the ASEM’s recent international activities and outlook. As one of the goals of this webinar series is to create multi-national collaborations, she will briefly talk about her own international experiences and call for collaboration starting with sustainable development.
Yesim Sireli is the ASEM International Director and an Associate Professor at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte’s Department of Systems Engineering & Engineering Management. She holds a Ph.D. degree in Engineering Management & Systems Engineering from Old Dominion University and Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in Electrical Engineering from Istanbul Technical University. She is active in research and teaching activities involving multi-national collaborations. Her interest areas include the intersection of engineering management and environmental decision analysis. She focuses on issues related to sustainable development; value added decision-making and science policy development using interdisciplinary approaches to problem solving.
"The Central America Energy Sector:
O&G and Electricity Markets and Investment Opportunities"
Thursday, 9 July 2020; 9:00 - 10:15 am U.S. Eastern Time
Presenter: Oscar Rolando Rodríguez González, PE, MBA
CEO, Estrategias de Inversión / Energy and Infrastructure Analysis Center in Guatemala
In Central America the energy sector, mainly the electricity subsector, has grown strong and dynamic mainly due to the following factors: changes in regulatory frameworks and the existence of a regional electricity market or MER. On the other hand, even though the O&G subsector is interesting and offers important opportunities (mainly upstream), reserves are only found in Guatemala due to its closeness to important Mexican O&G reservoirs. This presentation explains, in a broad sense, Central America’s energy sector characteristics and its potential for profitable investments.
About the Presenter:
- BS Engineering Management and Petroleum. University of Missouri – Rolla (now
- Missouri University of Science and Technology – MST).
- MBA Finance. Universidad Francisco Marroquín (Guatemala).
- Specialization “Financial Analysis for Hydropower Centrals”. International Centre for Hydropower. Trondheim, Norway.
- Specialization “Small Wind Power”. RENAC. Berlin, Germany.
- LPG industry (2 years).
- Financial sector: Stock Exchange Broker- specializing in fixed income trading (8 years).
- Represented Oppenheimer and Co., specializing in commodities trading.
- Founder Estrategias de Inversión (1995). Consulting in financial, economic, and regulatory issues for the energy sector.
- Co-founder Energy and Infrastructure Analysis Center (EIA Center, 2008). Capacity building in energy.
- Energy consultant specializing in petroleum economics and renewable energy financials (hydropower, wind, geothermal and energy efficiency).
- Representation of German engineering company Fichtner GmbH and Co.
ASEM offers an educational webinar pertaining to the Engineering Management profession. Each webinar is worth 1 PDH. If you need a certificate for this, please email email@example.com. New webinars will be announced on this page, in the eNews, and on the ASEM Social Media pages. These webinars are recorded and the archives are available to current ASEM members.